The Sites are not intended for use by persons under the age of 18. We will not knowingly collect information from visitors under the age of 18 and, in the event that We learn that a person under the age of 18 has provided Us with PII, We will delete such PII. By submitting information to these Sites, You have indicated that You are at least 18 years old.
Listed below are the types of PII that we may have collected about you within the past 12 months. Some of these types of information may not be PII, depending on other information we have access to about you. Each type of information listed below is PII only if the information identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household.
• Identifiers such as: your name, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, Social Security number, driver's license number, or other similar identifiers.
• “Customer Records” information (some of which may be identifiers or professional/employment-related information as well), such as your name, signature, Social Security number, NPI number or similar professional license number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
• Commercial information, such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
• Internet or other similar network activity, such as browsing history, search history, information on your interaction with our website, mobile application(s), or an advertisement. This may include hardware and browser information of your computer or other online device.
• Geolocation data, such as the physical location of the device you use to connect with us online.
• Biometric information, such as fingerprints or voiceprints.
• Sensory data, such as audio, electronic, visual, or similar information.
• Professional or employment-related information, such as your current or past job history.
• Personal characteristics that are related to classifications legally protected from discrimination, such as race, national origin, ethnicity, marital status, age, and gender.
• Inferences drawn from other PII, such as a summary we might make based on your apparent personal preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
As You navigate through this Site, we may automatically collect (that is, gather without You actively providing the information) certain information using cookies. For more information on cookies, how we use them, and how you can avoid or remove them, see https://www.lundbeck.com/global/cookie-policy.
We may also use other online tracking tools on our Sites to give us more information about the way Site users navigate the Sites. You can learn more about one such tool at https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/reports-analytics/reporting-interface/overview-data-collection.html?lang=en
By using any of the Sites, you are deemed to unambiguously agree to its use of any cookies that you do not disable.
Our Sites currently do not respond to a user’s Do-Not-Track request.
We may use the Information we collect from you that is not PII for any legitimate purpose. With respect to Your PII, we may use it as follows:
• To deliver services, such as information, newsletters, or other information that You request;
• To develop or continue a business relationship with You;
• To alert You to special offers, updated information, and other new services from Us, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials to You;
• To help ensure the Sites are relevant to Your needs, including to improve their content and to customize them to your preferences;
• To respond to Your requests for information about products or services or to respond to any other question posed by You;
• For product development;
• For employment purposes; and
• For legal compliance, such as adverse event reporting.
We may share or disclose the Information we collect from you that is not PII for any legitimate purpose. With respect to PII, we neither sell it nor share it with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
We may share Your PII in the following instances:
• With our service providers. We may share Your PII with service providers, agents, or contractors whom We use to support our business and who may also help Us maintain our Sites and provide administrative services to Us (e.g., Internet service providers, hosting companies, fulfillment services, order processing, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, fulfillment of promotions, technical support, delivery services and financial institutions). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated parties will not use the PII for any purpose other than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible.
• Company reorganizations. We may share Your PII with third parties in connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of the business of these Sites, or any other corporate reorganization process, including mergers or acquisitions.
• Legal compliance. We may disclose Your PII in order to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of the law or comply with legal process served on Us, protect and defend our rights or property or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end Users.
• To protect health and safety. We may disclose Your PII as We believe reasonably necessary to protect the personal safety of users of Lundbeck products and services, the Sites, or the public.
• To protect against potential fraud. We may share with third parties the PII you provide to verify your identity.
At your written request, We will take reasonable steps to update or correct PII in our possession.
You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. Consequently, We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that You transmit to Us and You understand that any information that You transfer to Us is done at Your own risk. In particular, information sent via e-mail may not be secure, and You should therefore take special care in deciding what information You send to Us via e-mail.
We take reasonable steps to protect Your PII from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
The Sites are intended for Use only by U.S. residents and You have indicated that You are a U.S. resident by entering the Sites.
If You are located in a jurisdiction outside the United States, please note when you provide PII in using our Sites, You are transferring Your PII to the United States, whose data protection laws are not the same (although they may be similar) to those applicable in the jurisdiction where you are located. By providing your PII through any of the Sites, you are consenting to the transfer of Your PII to the United States as indicated above.
If you are a resident of California, you have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). We honor those rights, as described below, and we are prohibited by law from discriminating against you for exercising any of those rights.
Right to Know
If you are a California resident, you have the right to know what PII we have collected about you, why we collected it, and the categories of third parties (excluding service providers) with whom we have shared the PII during the past 12 months. (See below on “How to Submit a Request.”) You may request that we provide a description of the categories of PII we have collected (a “Categories Request”) or a request for access to the specific pieces of PII we have collected (a “Specific Pieces Request.”)
If you make a Categories Request, you will need to provide us with at least two data elements specific to you, such as your cell phone number or driver’s license number (depending on the data elements we already maintain about you), so that we can verify your identity. After we confirm that your request is a verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
• The categories of PII we collected about you.
• The categories of sources for the PII we collected about you (e.g., social media websites, government records available to the public, etc.).
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that PII.
• The categories of third parties other than service providers (if any) with whom we shared the PII.
Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete any of your PII that we maintain. However, we are not obligated to comply with your request if we have a legal basis to retain the PII. We will not delete any PII pursuant to your request unless we are able to verify that you are the individual to whom that PII pertains.
If you make a request for us to delete PII, we may need you to provide us with at least two data elements specific to you so that we can verify your identity. Once we receive and confirm that your request is a verifiable consumer request (see below on “How to Submit a Request”), we will inform you whether we have deleted (and have directed our service providers to delete) your PII from our records, or whether we are declining to grant your request to delete due to a legal basis for us to retain the PII.
Exceptions to CCPA Rights
The CCPA has certain exceptions to the rights it grants to residents of California. Under one such exception, if you are working for or seeking to work for Lundbeck, the CCPA currently does not provide you with a “right to know” or “right to request deletion” until January 1, 2023. Similarly, if you are an employee or other representative of a business or other organization that is exploring or engaging in a business-to-business transaction with Lundbeck, the CCPA currently does not provide you with a “right to know” or “right to request deletion” until January 1, 2023. In addition, information that is “medical information” under the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (“CMIA”) is protected in accordance with that Act, and the CCPA rights do not extend to such information in light of that protection.
How to Submit a Request
To request access to or deletion of your PII as described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
• Calling us at our toll-free number: 866-337-6996
• Submit a request using the Contact Us form here
You may make a request on your own behalf, and if you are the parent or guardian of a minor child, you also may make a request related to your child’s PII. If you wish to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, please provide us with a signed declaration stating that your intent is to permit that individual to act on your behalf and include such individual’s full name, address, email address, and phone number. That way we will be sure you have fully authorized us to act in accordance with the requests of that individual.
As indicated above, in order to protect your PII from unauthorized disclosure or deletion at the request of someone other than you or your legal representative, We require identification verification before granting any request to provide copies of, know more about, or delete your PII. We take special precautions to help ensure this. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with PII if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the PII relates to you. We will only use PII collected in connection with a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 additional days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If You have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please contact Us by writing to:
Attn. Corporate Communications
Six Parkway North
Deerfield, Illinois 60015
Or calling Us at 847-282-1000
Lundbeck remains committed to sustainability through our strong strategy.
A global pharmaceutical company specialized in brain diseases.
Lundbeck seeks an open, constructive and continuous stakeholder dialogue.