a. What is “personal data,” what categories of personal data do we process, and for what purposes?
For purposes of this Privacy Notification, “personal data” means information that we obtain from you in connection with your potential employment with us that can identify you. We collect and process the personal data you voluntarily provide, including:
- your name, address, email address, telephone number, and other contact information;
- your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, licensing credentials, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or during the application and recruitment process;
- information from interviews and phone screenings you may have, if any;
- details concerning the type of employment you are or may be looking for, your work availability, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- information about how you learned about the position for which you are applying;
- details regarding your legal authorization to work in a particular jurisdiction;
- voluntary self-disclosure information regarding gender, race, veteran, and disability status;
- background check information obtained by a third-party vendor responsible for conducting post-offer, pre-employment background checks;
- results of pre-employment assessments and/or tests that you may take in connection with the interview screening process (including, without limitation, pre-employment, post-offer drug test results);
- information you provide during the application process provided in your cover letter and motivations for wanting to work in Lundbeck; and
- other information you choose to include in your job application or otherwise share with us, even if we have not requested such information.
Please refrain from providing us with information that is not relevant to the job for which you are interested or applying. For example, unless required by local legislation, please do not provide us with sensitive information or national identification numbers in your application documents.
When the personal data is not collected directly from you, we may collect the below categories of personal data from the following sources:
- references from others, e.g. your previous employers;
- background checks performed by third-party vendors pursuant to your written consent; and
- test results and information obtained as a result of any assessment(s) you may take in connection with our pre-offer screening process.
We process your personal data in connection with our recruitment, retention and placement activities so that we may consider your application for employment and comply with applicable local, state, and federal laws. In addition, we use your personal data to create and/or submit reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable; to respond to any of your requests; to assist you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required; to provide you with relocation assistance; to conduct research about your educational and professional background and skills; and to contact you if we think you would be suitable for a role with us
b. Will we share your personal data?
Lundbeck uses IT systems and service providers who will have access to your personal data. Your personal data will also be disclosed and shared with our test providers (such as our vendor responsible for conducting pre-employment drug testing) and any third-party responsible for conducting post-offer, pre-employment background checks. We contractually obligate all such vendors and data processors to process your personal data on our behalf and solely in accordance with our instructions.
c. Will we share your personal data with third parties?
Lundbeck non-US affiliates may have access to the personal data for an application for a Lundbeck US position because the personal data will be contained in a Lundbeck global system, and the Danish parent company is the host of the system containing the personal data. For applications for positions in one of Lundbeck’s US affiliates, we will share your personal data with the given US affiliate, our background check providers, recruitment outsourcing partner(s), relocation vendor, legal counsel (whether internal or external), and additional third-party vendors associated with the employee onboarding process