Independent Medical Education is awarded in support of high quality, independent educational programs and materials which demonstrate the potential to improve patient care and health outcomes. Each educational grant awarded must adhere to and be compliant with the following:
- FDA Final Guidance on Industry-Supported Scientific and Educational Activities
- Office of Inspector General (OIG) Guidelines
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals
- American Medical Association (AMA) Ethical Guidelines for Gifts to Physicians from Industry
- Other relevant guidelines and regulations
All requests for financial support from appropriate third-party providers of education to healthcare professionals must be submitted through Lundbeck’s Contribution Portal.
Grants are awarded at the sole discretion of Lundbeck LLC. We reserve the right to decline any grant request. Education grant requests are evaluated strictly on their merit and alignment with Lundbeck’s overall strategy.
Grant funding or in-kind support must not be used for anything outside of the approved request and fees must be reasonable and customary.
All transfers of value to covered recipients (physicians, teaching hospitals, and fellows) may be reported and posted unless exempted from reporting per the Physician Payment Sunshine Act of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
Grants and other funding are not provided to reward, encourage or induce any healthcare professional or entity to purchase, prescribe, use or
recommend Lundbeck products.
For any medical education questions not answered by viewing this website, please contact the Lundbeck Grants Office by calling 844-634-7867 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least 2-3 business days for a response to your email inquiry.