Lundbeck Worldwide

H. Lundbeck A/S corporate office in Copenhagen, Denmark

About Lundbeck
Lundbeck is a global pharmaceutical company highly committed to improving the quality of life of people living with psychiatric and neurological disorders. For this purpose, Lundbeck is engaged in the research, development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of pharmaceuticals across the world. The company’s products are targeted at disease areas within psychiatry and neurology.

More information about Lundbeck

Brain diseases
According to the World Health Organization, WHO, more than 700 million people live with brain diseases globally.1 These are serious and life-threatening diseases that affect the quality of life of patients as well as of their relatives. As these diseases also involve major socio-economic costs, it is imperative for society as a whole that new and innovative pharmaceuticals are developed. Over the past 50 years, new pharmaceuticals have revolutionized treatment options, but there is still a great unmet need for new and innovative therapeutics. 

More information about disease areas

Research and development
Focus on R&D is the most important pillar in Lundbeck’s ambition to improve treatment for people living with brain diseases. We are specialists in our area and have a state-of-the-art research facility in Denmark, and more than 800 employees work in our R&D units. We cooperate closely with strategic partners all over the world, ensuring the best possible foundation for innovation and the development of new treatment solutions.

More information about developing drugs 
Our Pipeline

Lundbeck markets a number of different pharmaceuticals for the treatment of brain diseases. The most recently launched compounds include: Rexulti® (brexpiprazole), Northera® (droxidopa), Trintellix (vortioxetine) formerly known as Brintellix, and Abilify Maintena® (aripiprazole). 

Get a full list of our products, including Full Prescribing Information and Boxed Warnings

Key figures
Lundbeck employs approximately 5,000 people worldwide. We have employees in more than 50 countries, and our products are registered in more than 100 countries. We have production facilities in Denmark, France and Italy and our research center is based in Denmark. Lundbeck generated revenue of approximately DKK 18.1 billion in 2018.

More key figures

Lundbeck’s Executive Management consists of five members and is being headed by Deborah Dunsire, President and CEO.

More information about Lundbeck management

Market data
In 2018, 17% of our revenue derived from Europe, 63% from North America and 20% from the International Markets region. 

Lundbeck was founded by Hans Lundbeck as a trading company in 1915. Since then the company has evolved and grown dramatically. Today we are among the biggest Danish companies. During the past century, millions of people have been treated with our therapies. It is complex and challenging to develop improved treatments for brain diseases, but we keep our focus in order to ensure a better life for people living with brain diseases.

Learn more about our history

In 1999, Lundbeck’s shares were listed on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange. The Lundbeck Foundation owns about 70% of the shares in Lundbeck, while the remaining 30% are traded on the stock exchange. In 2012, the Foundation distributed more than DKK 482 million in grants for various types of research. 

More information about our shares and ownership

To learn more about Lundbeck, visit


1. IFPMA Position Paper. Mental and Neurological Disorders Addressing a Global Health Priority. Last accessed 5-3-18. 


By clicking below you will be transferred from the Lundbeck website in the U.S. to the
H. Lundbeck A/S headquarters website. Some of the products and compounds displayed on the pipeline page have not been approved by the FDA as being safe or effective for the use under study. The information provided is for general information only and is not intended to provide medical advice or guidance and should not be used for that purpose. In the United States, a drug is not considered safe or effective for its intended use unless approved by the FDA.

Click Here

You have chosen to visit another Lundbeck website or a third-party website, which is provided as a service to you. Lundbeck does not control content on third-party websites and cannot make representations concerning the accuracy of information on every website you visit. Lundbeck is not responsible for the privacy policy of any third-party website. We encourage you to read the privacy policy of every website you visit. Click OK to continue or Cancel to return to Lundbeck.