Senior Sales Training & Development Manager
414 - Sales Training & Meetings
Senior Sales Training & Development Manager – Neuroscience Field Training Managers
At Lundbeck, we believe life is too precious to be interrupted by brain disorders. Lundbeck is uncompromisingly committed to the research, development and delivery of targeted therapies for people living with significant psychiatric and neurological disorders. We pursue imaginative solutions, driven by passionate people committed to do the right thing for our patients, our company and our communities. Lundbeck strives to be a leader in depression, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
For Lundbeck, making a meaningful difference for patients is more than an aspiration; it is a commitment that shapes everything we do. Patient advocacy is at the core of who we are and motivates every individual at Lundbeck. Our engagement with the communities we serve grants us better understanding of the needs of patients and their families; and that drives us to develop innovative therapies and impactful programs for patients and caregivers.
The Senior Sales Training & Development Manager – Neuroscience Field Training Managers position: is responsible for the management of the Neuroscience Field Training Managers and field-based training initiatives; is responsible for ensuring all Neuroscience strategic brand and training objectives are pulled through in the field by the Field Training Managers; will collaborate with the Sr. Sales Training and Development Manager Neuroscience to ensure a coordinated training effort across the department as well as with Field Sales Leadership, Marketing and Market Access so the FTMs are aligned to the objectives of the organization; is responsible for the coaching and professional development of the Field Training Managers; and is responsible for the development, and implementation of sales, marketing, leadership development and commercial initiatives. This function will support budget management, oversee vendor management, area field trainer projects and assisting in the strategic execution of the training & development plan; ensures all promotional activities are compliant, in accordance with operational guidelines; and aligns initiatives with Lundbeck core values and actions.
- Provides coaching, direction, and leadership to direct reports to ensure brand alignment and personal development (Develops Talent, Drives Engagement, Directs Work).
- Conducts performance reviews for direct reports and provides appropriate resources to optimize team contributions to the organization (Develops Talent, Drives Results).
- Leads selected training efforts and initiatives as identified by Sr. Director of Training, Development and Meetings, including POA planning meetings, special training initiatives, etc. (Directs Work).
- Regularly assesses the sale force and management training needs by observing individual account manager performance/behaviors and collaborating with appropriate cross-functional area (Collaborates, Decision Quality, Collaborates, Situational Adapatability).
- Participates and leads in strategic projects designed to fulfill the needs of the field Sales Force. These projects include continuous collaboration with all relevant support departments: Marketing, Clinical, Regulatory, IT, Sales Ops, HR, etc. and include but are not limited to new product launches, new marketing directives, new indication launches, new positioning directives, etc. (Collaborates, Decision Quality, Drives Results)
- Partners with Sr. Director of Leadership Development and Training to plan initiatives, direction, and vision for the Training Department (Collaborates).
- Analyzes and assesses training effectiveness to determine when revisions, enhancements, or new programs should occur and receives recommendation/input from team. Provides input to Training leadership (Collaborates, Customer Focus).
- Reviews department reports, sales trainee evaluations, field coaching reports, and any other reports that Training Managers are required to complete, and evaluates the effectiveness of training feedback (Develops Talent).
- Participates and contributes to the interviewing and hiring decisions for the training team (Develops Talent).
- Proactively manages portion of the training department budget (Drives Results).
- Responsible for compliant delivery of coaching and training initiatives in the field (Decision Quality).
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Accredited Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- 3+ years of leading and influencing others (i.e. managing direct reports or roles coaching and developing individuals)
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions that support business needs and align with company values
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Ability to develop/facilitate training classes/workshops
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills along with an ability to influence both within and outside the organization
- Ability to work with multiple internal cross-functional teams and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently, in a team and as a leader of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (e.g. Power Point, Word, Excel)
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Accredited Master’s/MBA
- 2 years of people management experience in leading coaching and developing multiple direct reports
- CNS experience
- Project management experience
- Experience in pharmaceutical sales or sales management
- Experience in sales training
- Budget Management experience
- Vendor Management experience
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 30% domestically. International travel may be required.
- INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY: Role requires the candidate to spend an estimated 4 days per week at home office in Deerfield