Category Specialist, Sourcing
501 - Accounting & Finance
Category Specialist, Sourcing
At Lundbeck, we believe life is too precious to be interrupted by brain disorders. Lundbeck is uncompromisingly committed to the research, development and delivery of targeted therapies for people living with significant psychiatric and neurological disorders. We pursue imaginative solutions, driven by passionate people committed to do the right thing for our patients, our company and our communities. Lundbeck strives to be a leader in depression, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
For Lundbeck, making a meaningful difference for patients is more than an aspiration; it is a commitment that shapes everything we do. Patient advocacy is at the core of who we are and motivates every individual at Lundbeck. Our engagement with the communities we serve grants us better understanding of the needs of patients and their families; and that drives us to develop innovative therapies and impactful programs for patients and caregivers.
The Category Specialist, Sourcing will support best practice strategic Sourcing processes, actions and systems by becoming a subject matter expert in the data, tools, policies, and processes existing at Lundbeck. Utilizing these tools, the Category Specialist will enable enhanced value generation of the sourcing team through project management, thought leadership, and data & process mastery. Additionally, the Specialist will be responsible for executing the day-to-day functions of one or more well-defined areas of spend.
- Provides data, reporting, tracking, dashboarding utilizing multiple data management systems.
- Partners with Category teams, enhancing initiative success and ensuring evolving business needs are met.
- Constructively challenges Category teams and, as needed, business stakeholders, in order to identify new value and process optimization opportunities.
- Drives multiple projects simultaneously including both sourcing and data/analytics annual road mapping and continuous improvement exercises.
- Carries select end-to-end responsibility for the (e-)RFx (RFP, RFQ, RFI) processes in coordination with Category Managers.
- Participates in category planning and supports stakeholder management to identify current and upcoming Sourcing needs and compare to specific market conditions.
- Participates on cross-functional teams as part of continuous improvement as needed.
- Engages with category teams, as needed, on day to day issue resolution
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Accredited Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years relevant work experience in analytics and data mastery in a Procurement role or in support of a Procurement team
- Demonstrated productive experience with utilizing strategic Sourcing concepts
- Proven skillset as a strong collaborator and problem-solver
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels, internally and externally
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Proven experience with Ariba Procurement Suite and SAP Financial Software
- Prior Category Management and Sourcing Experience, particularly as part of a Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences company
- Experience working both strategically and operationally with vendors/suppliers
- Global Sourcing and/or procurement experience
- No overnight travel requested unless unique circumstances arise