1. World Health Organization. Schizophrenia fact sheet. 2019. Available at https://www.who.int/en/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/schizophrenia. Accessed January 2020
2. GBD 2017 Disease and Injury Incidence and Prevalence Collaborators. Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 354 diseases and injuries for 195 countries and territories, 1990–2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017. Lancet 2018; 392 (10159): 1789–1858.
3. Ochoa S, Usall J, Cobo J, Labad X, Kulkarni J. Gender differences in schizophrenia and ﬁrst-episode psychosis: a comprehensive literature review. Schizophr Res Treatment 2012; 2012: 916198.
4. Lindström E, Eberhard J, Neovius M, Levander S. Costs of schizophrenia during 5 years. Acta Psychiatr Scand Suppl 2007;116 (435):3340.
5. Rössler W, Salize HJ, van Os J, Riecher-Rössler A. Size of burden of schizophrenia and psychotic disorders. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 2005; 15 (4): 399409.
6. Tsuang MT, Farone SV. Schizophrenia. Second edition. Oxford University Press Inc., New York: 2004.