(Ontario and Atlantic territory) Ontario
20 February 2018
We are currently looking for a qualified Field Sales Trainer to join the Lundbeck Canada Commercial Training and Development team. This position is permanent full-time for Ontario and Atlantic territory. The employee will report to Victoria Vilagos, Senior Manager, Commercial Training and Development.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Commercial Training and Development, the Field Sales Trainer (FST) supports the training department and the
District Sales Managers (DSMs) in their efforts to enhance the effectiveness of the CNS sales force by driving sustainable behavior changes. The FST
coaches and trains members of the CNS sales force on selling skills, disease knowledge and product knowledge, and business acumen to ensure that
their conversations with Health Care Professionals contribute towards the sales objectives of the company.
Training/Coaching – 35%
• Work with, support and coach CNS representatives (regular consultation with DSM to establish the work priorities in each district);
• With DSM and Sales Trainer, participate actively in rapidly integrating and training newly hired CNS representatives;
• Act as the first and main point of contact to newly hired CNS representatives for onboarding and questions related to disease knowledge, product
knowledge, STAR selling, and business acumen skills;
• Work with and coach other CNS representatives based on the priorities of the respective DSMs;
• Provide feedback (oral and written) and recommend action plan to CNS representative based on observations during field rides.
Workshop Design & Facilitation – 30%
• Assist training department in designing workshops for various training programs: Phase II training, Phase III training, remote training, National sales
(NSMs) and Regional sales meetings (RSMs) (based on needs);
• Facilitate workshops during Phase training and sales meetings;
• Facilitate remote training sessions and journal clubs (based on needs);
• Enhance post-training transfer of new skills acquired during training workshops.
Communication and support – 30%
• Support Training Manager and Sales Trainer on different training projects such as Phase I schedule update, product pre-launch, e-learning, development
of learning transfer tools, or other;
• Collaborate on key priorities with DSMs on RSMs (2 per year); attend and participate in S&M meetings (3 per year);
• Continually assess learning gaps and strengths of CNS representatives and provide input to DSM and Training Manager on developing training
programs and/or action plans;
• Assist the Training Manager in developing learning evaluations and measurement tools for impact on the individual performance of newly acquired
• Assist the DSM with interviewing candidates for the CNS representative position.
Professional Development – 5%
• Invest time and energy into professional development.
- University degree in Business or Life sciences;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the Canadian Pharmaceutical industry;
- Proven sales success along with constant demonstration of needs-based selling skills model;
- Knowledge of the CNS therapeutic area preferable;
- Good coaching and mentorship skills;
- Previous training/coaching experience an asset;
- Excellent communication skills in French and English (oral and written) for the position responsible for Québec.
-From my Competencies: Collaboration, Customer
Focus, Drive results, Self-Development and
- Coaching and People management
Normal office conditions - No
Evening/weekend commitments - Yes
Travel commitments - Yes
% travel required 25%-50%
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position.
Lundbeck is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in brain diseases. For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of research within neuroscience. Our key areas of focus are alcohol dependence, Alzheimer’s disease, bipolar disorder, depression/anxiety, epilepsy, Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, schizophrenia and symptomatic neurogenic orthostatic hypotension (NOH).
An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with brain disease and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences. Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with brain disease – we call this Progress in Mind.
Read more at www.lundbeck.com/global/about-us/progress-in-mind.
In 2015, Lundbeck can celebrate its 100th anniversary. During the past century, millions of people have been treated with our therapies. It is complex and challenging to develop improved treatments for brain disease, but we keep our focus: There is still so much we need to achieve in the next 100 years to ensure a better life for people living with brain disease.
Our approximately 6,000 employees in 57 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales. Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programmes and our products are available in more than 100 countries. We have research centres in China, Denmark and the United States and production facilities in China, Denmark, France and Italy. Lundbeck generated core revenue of DKK 13.5 billion in 2014 (EUR 1.8 billion; USD 2.4 billion).
For additional information, we encourage you to visit our corporate site www.lundbeck.com.
Lundbeck is a global pharmaceutical company highly committed to improving the quality of life of people living with psychiatric and neurological disorders.
Become part of Lundbeck's professional network to stay up-to-date with our worldwide career opportunities.Go to LinkedIn
Stay updated with the latest news and conversations around Lundbeck and our business.Go to Twitter
Learn about our disease areas and hear stories by patients living with psychiatric and neurological disorders.Go to YouTube