Category Manager, Sourcing
501 - Accounting & Finance
Category Manager, Sourcing
At Lundbeck, we believe life is too precious to be interrupted by brain disorders. Lundbeck is uncompromisingly committed to the research, development and delivery of targeted therapies for people living with significant psychiatric and neurological disorders. We pursue imaginative solutions, driven by passionate people committed to do the right thing for our patients, our company and our communities. Lundbeck strives to be a leader in depression, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
For Lundbeck, making a meaningful difference for patients is more than an aspiration; it is a commitment that shapes everything we do. Patient advocacy is at the core of who we are and motivates every individual at Lundbeck. Our engagement with the communities we serve grants us better understanding of the needs of patients and their families; and that drives us to develop innovative therapies and impactful programs for patients and caregivers.
The Category Manager, Sourcing will deliver favorable cost, sustainability, and risk returns for Lundbeck through best practice Strategic Sourcing and Category Management processes. The Category Manager, Sourcing is overall responsible for multiple indirect spend categories including the execution of sourcing events, creation of category plans, and alignment with key business partners.
- Utilizes defined Category Management processes and proactively develop and apply Sourcing strategies for multiple spend categories, primarily within indirect spend.
- Works with Line of Business (LOB) to identify and execute key procurement and supply risk management activities.
- Constructively challenges and partners with LOB in order to identify new value and process optimization opportunities.
- Identifies and drives multiple sourcing and continuous improvement projects simultaneously
- Has end-to-end responsibility for leading the (e-)RFx (RFP, RFQ, RFI) processes in coordination with LOB.
- Participates in category planning and supports stakeholder management to identify current and upcoming Sourcing needs and compare to specific market conditions.
- Participates on cross-functional teams as part of continuous improvement as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Accredited Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years relevant work experience in Procurement Category Management and/or strategic sourcing concepts or methodologies
- Skilled in strategic Sourcing concepts
- Demonstrated productive experience working with suppliers through life cycle management (from contracts, process, negotiations, and renegotiations) for spend categories in Indirect spend areas
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven skillset as a strong collaborator, problem solver and business partner
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels, internally and externally
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) or CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management) from ISM (Institute for Supply Management)
- Sourcing/procurement experience as part of a Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences company, working both strategically and operationally with vendors/suppliers
- Sourcing/procurement experience as part of a team with global responsibility
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 10% domestically. International travel may be required.