Become part of Lundbeck's professional network to stay up-to-date with our worldwide career opportunities.Go to LinkedIn
Medical Science Liaison - 12 month contract
New South Wales
17 July 2020
Lundbeck Australia is currently seeking a passionate Medical Science Liaison for a 12-month maternity relief contract who is responsible for supporting Lundbeck’s portfolio of atypical anti-psychotics for the treatment schizophrenia.
Reporting to the Medical Affairs Director, your focus will be on developing and maintaining ethical and strategic business partnerships with Key Opinions Leaders (KOLs) and other key customers in current and emerging commercially focused therapeutic areas aligned to product strategies and key business drivers.
The product focus will be on Abilify Maintena and REXULTI.
Through these partnerships, identify strategic opportunities, provide communication and education on relevant information that enhances company and product advocacy and supports commercialisation.
As a Medical Science Liaison your role will be responsible for:
- Customer engagement through developing and maintaining ethical and strategic partnerships with KOLs and participate in robust and transparent scientific dialogue.
- Work closely with the Medical Advisor to arrange Advisory Board Meetings and Symposium initiatives.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of clinical medicine, disease management and medical research in Lundbeck’s therapeutic areas.
- Provide clinical development support for phase I-IV clinical programs and IITTs.
- Provide training and support to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Prior experience as a MSL or similar within the pharmaceutical industry
- Hold a PHD or, MSc or MD qualifications
- Experience in mental health is highly beneficial
- Strong flair for communication and education
- Be a team player who can work well with cross functional teams and who is a highly motivated individual
- Strong communication and teamwork skills; the ability to build effective relationships across all levels of the organisation, including the ability to successfully build a network with international colleagues
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Ability to meet periodic travel requirements of the role (both interstate and international, as necessary)
The position is a full-time maternity relief contract and is based at the Lundbeck Australia head office in North Ryde.
Lundbeck is a global pharmaceutical company highly committed to improving the quality of life of people living with brain diseases. For this purpose, Lundbeck is engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales of pharmaceuticals across the world. The company’s products are targeted at disorders such as depression and anxiety, psychotic disorders, epilepsy, Huntington’s, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases. Lundbeck’s pipeline consists of several mid- to late- stage development programmes. Lundbeck employs more than 5800 people worldwide, 2,000 of whom are based in Denmark. We have employees in 57 countries, and our products are registered in more than 100 countries. We have research centres in Denmark, China and the United States and production facilities in Italy, France, Mexico, China and Denmark. Lundbeck generated revenue of approximately DKK 15 billion in 2012.
Lundbeck Australia is a progressive, international, research based pharmaceutical company with the following objective: To improve the quality of life of people suffering from psychiatric and neurological illnesses.
For additional information we encourage you to visit our local site www.lundbeck.com/au or our corporate site www.lundbeck.com
Follow us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Twitter
Stay updated with the latest news and conversations around Lundbeck and our business.Go to Twitter
Phishing Scam Alert
Lundbeck takes the security and privacy of our applicants seriously, and we want you to be aware of employment-related “phishing” scams. These scams may involve outreach from individuals or organizations falsely claiming to represent Lundbeck recruitment. Please be aware:
- — All correspondence related to employment will come from an authorized @lundbeck.com email address
- — Lundbeck will never charge candidates an advance fee of any kind
- — Lundbeck will never extend an offer of employment without conducting a thorough recruitment process
If you receive such messages, or if you have disclosed any information to an individual or website you do not trust, please consider reporting this to your local law enforcement agency.