Become part of Lundbeck's professional network to stay up-to-date with our worldwide career opportunities.Go to LinkedIn
Director Sales and Marketing Business Area Central
31 January 2020
We are looking for a Director Sales and Marketing for Lundbeck Business Area Central (BAC) a region that consists of 9 countries (Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Russia, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Ukraine) with approximately 200 employees. The chosen candidate will be member of the BAC Management Team and responsible for leading the marketing function for the overall BAC region and the sales function for Germany, Switzerland and Austria. The position is based in Hamburg with regular travel in the region and reports directly to the Managing Director Business Area Central.
Lundbeck’s passion links to our purpose about restoring brain health so every person can be their best. We strive to make a real difference to patients. By developing innovative treatments, we improve the lives of people living with brain diseases. Your dedication is crucial. That is why you can expect us to be committed to your progress, so you can stay committed to ours.
• Lead the marketing function for Business Area Central (BAC) and the sales function for Germany, Switzerland and Austria (DACH-region)
• Deliver on agreed operational, sales and financial targets
• Implement Lundbeck’s Global marketing strategies and plans in the Business Area Central to ensure profitable growth of the product portfolio
• Ensure successful launch of new products through execution of first class launch plans
• Maximize potential of existing products through development and execution of integrated Affiliate Brand Plan
• Ensure compliance of marketing activities and material with Global Brand Plan and Global Marketing Strategy
• Provide call plans for sales force in DACH-region including targeting
• Provide coaching, direction and leadership to direct reports to drive motivation, engagement and high performance in the organization
• Develop talents to meet both their career goals and the organizations goals
• Monitor Performance of sales force through KPIs and Performance Management
• Continuously improve sales and marketing capabilities through effective training interventions and ongoing coaching
• Drive an effective cooperation with our commercial partner and ensure alignment on execution of Sales and Marketing strategy, tactics and plans including common sales conferences, events, projects and initiatives
• Contribute to the development of the Annual Business Plan for Business Area Central and preparation of other regular Business Reviews
• Provide management team and sales teams with market insights and business analysis and participate in globally lead market research activities for relevant brands and markets
• Ensure efficient sales excellence and CRM system management support for the DACH-region
• Drive professional stakeholder management and advocacy development in the DACH-region (government bodies, KOL´s, industry associations, etc.)
• Drive branded aspects of congress and meeting activities in the Business Area Central
• Act as an active member of the Business Area Central Management Team
• Ensure proactive interaction and knowledge sharing with Global Marketing function at Headquarter and other European Business Areas as appropriate
• Master degree in natural science, pharmaceutics and/or commercial discipline
• Highly successful marketing and sales track record with P/L experience at a regional or global level in the pharmaceutical industry
• Deep expertise of CNS market
• Medical expertise in Psychiatry and Neurology
• In-depth experience from marketing functions working with multi-country and multi-culture customers
• Strong people management experience including people development, talent development and performance management
• International experience, intercultural sensitivity and appreciation of diversity
• Up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of local marketing conditions in the Business Area
• Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
• Very good stakeholder management skills
• Very good negotiations skills
• Highly effective influencer
• Highly action oriented and strong at driving results
• Strong customer focus
• Highly developed analytical skills
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing needs, conditions, priorities and opportunities
• High proficiency in English and German
For further information, please contact Antonio Barrios on BANT@lundbeck.com. Your application and CV should not be sent via email.
We also recommend that you have a look at our website, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Please click on the apply button. Applications must be received no later than 31-01-2020.
Lundbeck is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in brain diseases. For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of neuroscience research. We are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best.
An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with brain diseases and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences. Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with brain diseases – we call this Progress in Mind.
Read more at www.lundbeck.com/global/about-us/progress-in-mind.
Our approximately 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales. Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programs and our products are available in more than 100 countries. Our research center is based in Denmark and our production facilities are located in Denmark, France and Italy. Lundbeck generated revenue of DKK 18.1 billion in 2018 (EUR 2.4 billion; USD 2.8 billion).
For additional information, we encourage you to visit our corporate site www.lundbeck.com and connect with us on Twitter at @Lundbeck and via LinkedIn.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Twitter
Stay updated with the latest news and conversations around Lundbeck and our business.Go to Twitter