Your privacy is important. This information explains how we comply with Australian privacy requirements. This information may be updated from time to time.
Lundbeck’s system for complying with Australian privacy requirements includes:
- our commitment to compliance with privacy requirements;
- our policy and approach to privacy, as explained in this information;
- our resources allocated to privacy, including our technology systems and services; and
- our people and the training and education we undertake.
Collecting your personal information
Lundbeck is an international pharmaceutical company undertaking research and development to develop innovative drugs including for the treatment of brain diseases.
We provide information to consumers about our medicines to encourage correct usage, but this does not replace advice from a healthcare professional. We also provide information about our products and related conferences or seminars to Australian healthcare professionals.
Depending on your involvement with Lundbeck, we may collect personal information about you such as your name, your contact details, and other information about you such as about your health and medical treatment.
If you are a health care professional, we also collect information such as your name, contact details, your position and area of speciality, reports of adverse events, your participation in our seminars or conferences and details of amounts paid (or value of benefits received) for specific services you may provide to Lundbeck from time to time.
We collect this information when we ask you for it and you, or others on your behalf authorised by you, provide it to us.
Where you prefer that we do not collect your personal information, we may not be able to provide assistance and undertake activities that we would otherwise provide or undertake.
Where reasonably possible, we seek to work with information and records from which personal information has been removed.
When we use and disclose personal information, in addition to complying with privacy laws and requirements, we comply with applicable laws such as those regulating manufacture and sale of pharmaceutical products.
We also collect information, that may or may not include your personal information, through technology and tools that tell us when a computer or device has visited or accessed our content. Those tools include services from search engines and other companies that help us to tailor our content, products and services to better suit consumers and customers. Search engines provide facilities to allow you to indicate your preferences in relation to the use of those tools in connection with computers and other devices controlled or used by you.
Using your personal information
Generally, we use your personal information for our activities and business and to assist patients who may be treated with our products by their doctor or other health care professional, and in our efforts to expand and improve our business. Examples include:
- providing information about our products, and about health circumstances and medical conditions where doctors and other health professionals may prescribe and recommend them to assist patients;
- providing assistance in relation to your doctor’s or other health care professional’s treatment of you with our products;
- responding to inquiries about and dealing with possible problems and adverse events relating to our products including passing on adverse event information to our licensors, or communicating product safety information;
- to operate programmes and forums in different media in which you are able to share information, including your personal information, with us and publicly (on the Terms applicable);
- to determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or programmes;
- to provide health care professionals with information about our products and related activities (including conferences, seminars, or other events organised by Lundbeck) that we consider may be of interest to you, unless you tell us not to do so;
- to comply with our transparency reporting requirements under the Medicines Australia Code of Conduct, including as to reporting on our website amounts paid to healthcare professionals such as fees paid or travel and accommodation provided for your participation in our seminars or conferences);
- to provide health care professionals with clinical samples of our products;
- for a business or professional relationship we may have with you;
- if you apply for employment with us, to consider your application;
- for our research and development efforts;
- to amend records to remove personal information; and
- for other everyday business purposes that involve use of personal information.
Storing and Disclosing your personal information
Personal information is retained during the time we need it for the identified purposes, to the extent necessary for purposes reasonably related to those identified purposes (for example, resolving disputes) or as required by law. In using and storing your personal information, we may pass on personal information to others including outside Australia mostly in countries where Lundbeck, which is headquartered in Denmark, does business. Examples include:
- to others who are providing services or to Lundbeck, or our product licensors, including those assisting us with investigations and reporting about possible problems and adverse events relating to our products and product safety, or third party providers of medical information services;
- to other Lundbeck companies in the Lundbeck global pharmaceutical group, including the Lundbeck Pharmacovigilance Department in Denmark and the Lundbeck regional pharmocovigilance centre in Singapore;
- to regulatory agencies (such as the Therapeutic Goods Administration in Australia, or applicable state/territory health authorities such as the NSW Ministry of Health), and doctors and health care professionals involved in the care of patients; and
- in other ways that come up in our business from time to time.
When we pass on or share your personal information in this way, we take steps to ensure it is treated in the same way that we would treat it.
In addition, when we pass on or share your personal information in this way, we comply with applicable privacy requirements. For example, if you seek medical information specific to Lundbeck’s products by contacting Lundbeck Australia Pty Ltd, your personal information may be subject to both Australian and European privacy requirements and our Binding Corporate Rules to the extent that it is collected by, or shared with, Lundbeck’s parent company (located in Denmark) in order to respond to your query.As we noted earlier, where reasonably possible, we seek to work with information and records from which personal information has been removed and this also applies to information and records that we store about the use of our products by patients, and which we may use including for research and development purposes.
We do our best to keep records of personal information up to date and accurate and not to keep personal information that is no longer needed.
We sometimes have to pass on personal information for legal or safety reasons or other special circumstances.
We use various systems and services to safeguard the personal information we store, as part of our business systems and processes. We take steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference or loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure with appropriate safeguards and security measures.
While we take steps to protect your personal information when you send it to us, you should keep in mind that no internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. If you provide any personal information to us via our online services (including email), or if we provide information to you by these means, the privacy, security and integrity of any data transfer over the internet cannot be guaranteed. When you share information with us, it is at your own risk. If you reasonably believe that there has been unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us immediately (see below).
Contact with Lundbeck about your personal information
You may wish to contact Lundbeck to access your personal information, to seek to correct it or to make a complaint about privacy. Our privacy email contact address is Australia@lundbeck.com and further contact details for Lundbeck and privacy (for both Australia and New Zealand) are set out below.
Lundbeck Australia Pty Ltd
1 Innovation Road Ground Floor
NORTH RYDE NSW 2113
Phone: +612 8669 1000
We will respond to your request for access to personal information we hold about you as soon as we reasonably can, including if we are unable to provide you with access (such as when we no longer hold the information).
We do not impose any charge for a request for access, but we may charge you a reasonable fee for our costs associated with providing you with access and retrieval costs.
For complaints about privacy, we will establish in consultation with you a reasonable process, including time frames, for seeking to resolve your complaint.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA) and require further information about how we deal with your personal data under EEA data protection laws, please contact us at:
H. Lundbeck A/S
Phone: +45 36 30 13 11
Lundbeck’s Data Protection Officer:
Last updated: August 2018