Senior Accounting Operations Analyst
501 - Accounting & Finance
Senior Accounting Operations Analyst
No company knows the brain better. Lundbeck is uncompromisingly committed to the research, development and delivery of targeted therapies for people living with significant psychiatric and neurological disorders. At Lundbeck, we believe life is too beautiful to be interrupted by brain disorders. So, we pursue imaginative solutions, driven by passionate people committed to do the right thing for our patients, our company and our communities. Lundbeck strives to be a leader in depression, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
For Lundbeck, making a meaningful difference for patients is more than an aspiration: it is a commitment that shapes everything we do. Our advocacy for patients isn’t an invented “company value” – it is at the core of who we are and motivates every individual at Lundbeck. Our ongoing engagement with patient communities is not what you might expect from a pharmaceutical company – we create our own programs to help patients and caregivers not simply manage their conditions but thrive in spite of them.
The Senior Accounting Operations Analyst position will be responsible for coordinating all Accounting and Tax Compliance related to Payroll, Federal/State/Local Income Taxes, and Cash Management. Duties include: preparing timely and accurate complex Journal entries; monthly analysis and preparation of auditor ready work papers; coordination of state income tax filings/payments; preparing Department of Revenue correspondence with various state agencies or auditors to insure penalties are avoided; and coordination of Cash management with GBS team in Krakow and Corporate Treasury in Denmark. Adherence to deadlines with attention to internal controls and accuracy is essential in this position.
- Prepares complex Journal Entries for a timely and accurate month-end / year-end close.
- Reconciles all GL balances related to Payroll, Bonus, Incentive Compensation, Benefits (FSA, Relocation, Expat Accruals, Severance, Vacation) Employee Reimbursements, including accurate, auditor ready work papers with third party support completed on time per close schedules.
- Follows up with HR or other departments on any discrepancies or errors uncovered in monthly reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Provides back up support to process payroll and wire transfers as needed for staff coverage.
Tax Payments and Correspondence
- Makes all Federal and State quarterly payments on time and accurately.
- Remittances balance to Miller Cooper calculations and are properly authorized.
- Back up documentation is properly maintained for future audit reference.
- Prepare and remit monthly/quarterly tax filings to municipalities not covered by Miller Cooper or ADP contract. For example: Ohio Commercial Activity tax, San Francisco Payroll Tax, Washington Excise tax, Nevada Modified Business tax, Delaware franchise tax.Coordinates other payments to support legal renewal requests.
- Coordinates sample sales tax payments and filings with Miller Cooper.
- Maintains work papers for tax payments per Miller Cooper specifications and for m/e binder.
- Assists in obtaining documentation for any government or regulatory audits.
- Assists Legal with various correspondence and corporate filings related to various government entity requirements
- Reconciles all GL balances related to Cash including accurate, auditor ready work papers with third party support completed on time per close schedules.
- Provides GL coding for payroll and tax related items for BSC.
- Resolves any positive pay exceptions with BofA.
- Prepares reports and analyzes weekly Cash Disbursements for Controller.
- Maintains accurate oversight of BSC related to FEBAN clearing and BoA uploads for Canada and US. Follows up with BSC, BoA, or State agencies on aging items for resolution.
- Oversees accurate and timely lockbox postings for both Canada and US. Insure Customer payments are applied in SAP timely and accurate by BSC including coordination with Accuristix and SPS on any discrepancies.
- Provides Monthly Cash Forecast to Corporate Treasury for Canada and US by Day 7. Conducts bi-weekly calls with Treasury or BSC as needed to keep them abreast of any significant changes to cash.
- Acts as BofA contact for any banking issues that may arise including bank document preparation.
- Deposits non-AR Cash and records transactions in the GL.
- Coordinates AP check distribution.
- Coordinates retrieval of Accounting records off-site required by government or other regulatory auditors.
- Updates Department SOPs to reflect new or improved business processes including controls and workflow diagrams.
- Performs special projects as needed.
- Coordinates intercompany reconciliation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Accredited BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 5 years of finance/accounting related experience
- 2-5 years of experience in Payroll GL postings and State Income Tax audits
- Experience in a Compliance leadership role; i.e., resolution of audit deficiencies
- Advanced Excel proficiency (sort/filter, Pivot table, and V-Look-up)
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven analytical skills
- Ability to work productively and balance priorities in fast paced environment with multiple deliverables
- Outstanding organization and communication skills, with ability to multi-task
- Self-directed and hands-on
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- SAP General Ledger software
- Internal/External Audit or SOX compliance
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 5% domestically. International travel may be required.