(Toronto, Ontario) Canada
17 October 2017
We are looking for a qualified Medical Science Liaison, Neuroscience (Ontario Territory) to join the Lundbeck Canada Medical and Regulatory Affairs Department. This position is permanent full-time and the candidate must reside in the Greater Toronto Area. The employee will report to Anh Duong, Medical Science Liaisons Manager, Neuroscience.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based scientific expert who drives the local medical strategy and tactics for marketed and emerging products. The MSL establishes and fosters peer-level relationships with Canadian health care professionals (HCPs), influencers, and other stakeholders by providing objective scientific information, engaging in balanced discussion, and exchanging insights into disease management. In addition to advancing Lundbeck’s presence and medical interests in strategic therapeutic areas, the MSL brings insight and scientific knowledge back to internal stakeholders and serves as the primary internal source of product-related, disease area, and competitive knowledge.
Health Care Professionals and External Stakeholders (40%)
The MSL establishes value-driven working relationships with members of the Canadian health care community who have regional, national, or international influence over disease management. Through these relationships, the MSL exchanges the most up-to-date and accurate therapeutic and scientific and medical knowledge, while advancing awareness of the disease state, therapeutic trends, and scientific research. In so doing, the MSL:
• Acts within the Medical department strategy which, in turn, is aligned with product positioning;
• Interacts with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), targeted HCPs, professional associations, and other stakeholders to communicate current and emerging clinical data with relevant therapeutic portfolios;
• May initiate discussions around current scientific, medical, and clinical information related to Lundbeck products and the conditions for which they treat. The MSL may hold discussions falling outside of the product labelling only in response to unsolicited requests from HCPs for off-label information;
• Seeks and develops opportunities to educate HCPs and stakeholders in strategic areas;
• Delivers scientifically focused and objective educational presentations to groups of strategic importance such as groups of key HCPs, and P&T committees;
• Identifies opportunities for engaging KOLs and work with Medical department to evaluate investigator initiated trials in accordance with Lundbeck business strategies;
Provide scientific insight and leadership for emerging products (25%)
The MSL will develop expertise in emerging products and portfolios in advance of the commercial business unit. The MSLs may conduct strategic pre- and post-launch activities that serve to establish the therapeutic imperative and clinical value of emerging products in accordance with the product medical plan. The MSL will build a strong scientific foundation for the global brand strategy by:
• Engaging KOLs in discussions to recognize and develop knowledge in specific disease-related areas that are strategically important in differentiating emerging products;
• Identifying and developing relationships with new opinion leaders and stakeholders who share strategic interests;
• Sharing early product experience gained from clinical trial investigators;
Cross-functional teams (30%)
• The MSL will also work collaboratively in Lundbeck cross-functional teams
• Work with Product Managers, Sales, and CHE in order to identify training needs;
• Contribute to Market Access initiatives (development of product-related value proposition, present clinical data to decision-makers;
• Provide ad-hoc support for critical business activities in other departments including Regulatory Affairs;
• Work collaboratively with Regional Study Advisor (RSA), Late-Phase Research Manager or Scientific Advisor to identify potential clinical investigators for Phase II/III and post-marketing programs;
• Provide scientific training assistance when needed to further develop competencies of Lundbeck sales force;
• Support Market Access when needed for the development and delivery of credible scientific knowledge to payers to maximize the commercial potential of Lundbeck product portfolio;
• Work collaboratively with CHE Specialists on the scientific content of educational programs;
Professional Development (5%)
• Invest time and energy into professional development.
-MD, PharmD, Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Sciences or equivalent.
-Minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of experience in a similar position within the Canadian pharmaceutical industry or any other scientific field.
-Scientific expertise in therapeutic field (Neuroscience) is an asset.
-Superior communication skills, such as speaker (an asset).
-Knowledge of the regulations governing the pharmaceutical industry.
-Hold a valid driver’s license.
-Bilingualism (French & English), oral and written, for positions in Quebec.
-Proficiency in Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010.
-From my Competencies: Collaboration, Customer Focus, Drive results, Self-Development and Situational Adaptability
-Critical thinking and analysis
-Persistence and follow-through
Normal office conditions - Yes
Evening/weekend commitments - Yes
Travel commitments - Yes
% travel required 40%
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position.
Lundbeck is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in brain diseases. For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of research within neuroscience. Our key areas of focus are alcohol dependence, Alzheimer’s disease, bipolar disorder, depression/anxiety, epilepsy, Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, schizophrenia and symptomatic neurogenic orthostatic hypotension (NOH).
An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with brain disease and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences. Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with brain disease – we call this Progress in Mind.
Read more at www.lundbeck.com/global/about-us/progress-in-mind.
In 2015, Lundbeck can celebrate its 100th anniversary. During the past century, millions of people have been treated with our therapies. It is complex and challenging to develop improved treatments for brain disease, but we keep our focus: There is still so much we need to achieve in the next 100 years to ensure a better life for people living with brain disease.
Our approximately 6,000 employees in 57 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales. Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programmes and our products are available in more than 100 countries. We have research centres in China, Denmark and the United States and production facilities in China, Denmark, France and Italy. Lundbeck generated core revenue of DKK 13.5 billion in 2014 (EUR 1.8 billion; USD 2.4 billion).
For additional information, we encourage you to visit our corporate site www.lundbeck.com.
Lundbeck is a global pharmaceutical company highly committed to improving the quality of life of people living with psychiatric and neurological disorders.
Become part of Lundbeck's professional network to stay up-to-date with our worldwide career opportunities.Go to LinkedIn
Stay updated with the latest news and conversations around Lundbeck and our business.Go to Twitter
Learn about our disease areas and hear stories by patients living with psychiatric and neurological disorders.Go to YouTube