Research and Development
28. september 2018
We are seeking a highly motivated and expert medicinal chemist to join the department of Medicinal Chemistry. As an outstanding medicinal chemist with documented results, you can become an integral member of a world-class medicinal chemistry team and help to drive innovation in small molecule drug discovery and join our quest for new medicines to treat Central Nervous System (CNS) diseases.
Medicinal Chemistry resides in the division of Molecular Discovery and Innovation and is a key component of the Research organization in Copenhagen Denmark (DK), where our goal is to discover new medicines for CNS diseases, such as Psychotic disorders, Mood disorders, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases. The department of Medicinal Chemistry is fully integrated and fundamental to the Hit to Lead, Lead Optimisation and Candidate Selection processes.
Your job and key responsibilities
As a Principal Scientist in Medicinal Chemistry you will be involved in all aspects of the medicinal chemistry value chain, and expected to provide scientific oversight and accept accountability of medicinal chemistry activities in assigned projects. You will be expected to manage a multi-disciplinary team of scientists within ongoing hit to tool and lead optimization projects and promote a culture that embraces open scientific debate and agile, accountable decision-making. Equally, as an experienced synthetic organic chemist, you will be working on the design and synthesis of new compounds.
A unique opportunity to develop your skill set and your scientific expertise in medicinal chemistry in a leading CNS specialized drug discovery organization.
Qualifications and competencies
Our preferred candidate has the following personal and professional attributes:
- Candidates must be professionally qualified with preferably a Ph.D/PostDoc in synthetic organic Chemistry and have at least 5 years medicinal chemistry and drug discovery experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry,
- You have a demonstrable track record of impacting on drug discovery projects through compound design and synthesis
- Comprehensive and state of the art knowledge in modern synthetic methodologies and medicinal chemistry
- Significant experience of leading medicinal chemistry projects
- Evidence of your expertise through patents, papers and/ or preclinical candidates
- Experience in having a key role in taking a project(s) through to preclinical candidate selection and preferably to clinical candidate selection
- You thrive in a Team environment of shared goals and responsibilities
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to develop, implement and clearly communicate chemistry/project strategies to team, management and collaborators in English language
- Experience in effectively managing, supervising and leading other professionals
For further information, please contact Paul Kilburn, Director and Head of Medicinal Chemistry on JPK@lundbeck.com or +45 30 83 32 15. Your application and CV should not be sent via email.
We also recommend that you have a look at our website.
Please click on the link below to apply for the job. Applications must be received no later than 28th September 2018 and should include a cover letter with curriculum vitae as well as the names and contact details for two referees.
Lundbeck is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in psychiatric and neurological disorders. For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of research within neuroscience. Our key areas of focus are depression, schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.
An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with psychiatric and neurological disorders and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences. Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with psychiatric and neurological disorders – we call this Progress in Mind.
Read more at www.lundbeck.com/global/about-us/progress-in-mind.
Our approximately 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales. Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programmes and our products are available in more than 100 countries. Our research centre is based in Denmark and our production facilities are located in Denmark, France and Italy. Lundbeck generated revenue of DKK 17.2 billion in 2017 (EUR 2.3 billion; USD 2.6 billion).
For additional information, we encourage you to visit our corporate site www.lundbeck.com and connect with us on Twitter at @Lundbeck and via our LinkedIn company page.